Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic
Functional Medicine Specialists & Anti-Aging located in Midland, TX
Even though seeing Dr. Anjana Rastogi is common when you aren’t feeling well, many people don’t consider going beforehand for preventive care. When you schedule regular check-ups, the staff at Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic in Midland, Texas can help stop diseases before they start through the use of preventive medicine. Call or make an appointment online today.
Preventative Care Q & A
What is preventive care?
Preventive medicine anticipates medical issues and treats them before they occur.
The staff at Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic observe any warning signs during your regularly scheduled checkup. Even if you feel healthy, preventive care allows Dr. Rastogi to check for the earliest signs of many illnesses and diseases. Genetic testing also helps identify patients predisposed to specific medical disorders.
There are three stages of preventive care:
- Primary: Education is the goal of primary preventive care. The staff at Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic instructs you on beneficial health behaviors and activities that help avoid specific health care problems.
- Secondary: The secondary preventive measures used at Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic help Dr. Rastogi identify and treat undiagnosed conditions for which you have increased risk factors. The most common secondary step is the use of screening tests as they allow for early diagnosis enabling Dr. Rastogi to maximize your well-being and minimize your suffering.
- Tertiary: Tertiary care prevents medical conditions from worsening and allows Dr. Rastogi to manage your previously diagnosed diseases. Tertiary care is the focus of most of today’s medical care because most people fail to see the doctor unless they start showing symptoms.
What tests does preventive care include?
During a preventive care visit, Dr. Rastogi performs numerous screenings, including:
- Blood pressure and other screenings to determine your risk of heart attack and stroke
- Depression, Alzheimer's, and dementia
- Sexually transmitted diseases and infections
- Blood sugar
- Mammogram and other cancer tests
- Blood tests to check your cholesterol and sugar
Why is preventive care essential?
Americans see their doctors for preventive services at about half the recommended rate. However, these visits help you avoid future problems as many medical issues don’t have any symptoms in the early stages.
Moreover, chronic diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, are responsible for 70% of deaths in the United States.
Prevention is possible for most of these medical issues through a close partnership with the team at Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic. Call or make an appointment online today for detection through appropriate screenings and the treatment that works best.