Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic
Functional Medicine Specialists & Anti-Aging located in Midland, TX
By 2029, everyone born to the generation known as the Baby Boomers will reach age 65 and represent over 20% of the U.S. population. As you age, your body undergoes many not-so-pleasant changes. If maturation isn’t agreeing with you, call or make an appointment online today at Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic in Midland, Texas for anti-aging assistance.
Anti-Aging Q & A
What happens to your body during the aging process?
The aging process not only affects your hair and skin through the development of wrinkles and gray hair, but age also affects other areas of your body, including:
- Heart: Aging causes your heart rate to slow and your blood vessels and your arteries to stiffen. These changes make your heart work harder to pump blood.
- Bones, joints, and muscles: Getting older makes your bones decrease in both size and density. This decrease in size weakens your bones and makes them more susceptible to fracture. Your muscles lose both strength and flexibility, and your coordination and balancing decline.
- Weight: Maintaining a healthy weight gets more difficult as you age for several reasons, including the fact that the muscle mass in your body decreases and fat takes its place. Because fat tissue burns fewer calories than muscle, consuming fewer calories helps reduce weight gain.
- Sexuality: Aging affects your sexual needs and performance. Additionally, sickness and medication also affect your ability to enjoy sex. Menopause causes vaginal dryness in many women making sex uncomfortable. Many men face impotence as it often takes longer to get an erection. Moreover, erections tend to be less firm, as well.
What is anti-aging treatment?
Anti-aging treatment is any preventive approach used to improve late-life health. Anti-aging therapies translate scientific insight into interventions that help delay and prevent the onset of many diseases and chronic conditions related to aging.
Anti-aging treatments help to slow the aging process and increase the healthy lifespan of humans using behavioral, dietary, and pharmacologic approaches. Optimized hormones help to significantly reduce the risk of severe health problems associated with aging including:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Heart disease
What enables you to fight the aging process?
Dr. Rastogi offers an anti-aging regimen that includes hormone pellet therapy. Pellet therapy uses small, custom compounded medicines for symptoms that stem from hormonal imbalances. The hormones replicate the body’s normal hormonal levels.
Dr. Rastogi offers anti-aging pellets because both oral and transdermal hormone therapies often produce turbulent hormone levels, resulting in mood and energy fluctuations. Pellet therapy keeps hormone levels consistent throughout the day so you avoid the rollercoaster-like effects of orally administered or topically administered hormones.
Benefits of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in the anti-aging process include:
- Increased libido
- Better, deeper sleep
- Cessation of hot flashes
- Cessation of night sweats
- Positive temperament and elevated mood
- Increased energy
- Better focus
To find out more about the benefits of anti-aging treatment, call or make an appointment online today at Synergy Integrative Medical Clinic in Midland, Texas.